Monday, July 27, 2009

The Pick-up Fairy & the Dessert Fairy

Just read this article in Parents Magizne and decided to try it. It's about a mom who told her child there was a Pick-up Fairy. It's like pulling teeth at my house to get Ellie to pick up her toys. Major Drama. So I told her today about The Pick-up Fairy, whose real name is Gladys. She comes over when I call her (when Ellie is not here) and picks-up all the toys that Ellie left on her floor and didn't clean up and takes them for a week. Her and Tessa believe it so far! So we will see how it goes this afternoon before bed when it's time to clean up.


I tried this myself before just putting all her toys in a garbage bag and "throwing them away" when she refused to clean up. She didn't even miss the toys. Aww, my very strong-willed child :)

The dessert fairy, whose name is Milkweed, eats your dessert if you don't eat all your dinner. Another battle with her. But she is a pretty good eater most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment