Friday, February 12, 2010

The Strong Willed Child

Last night at bedtime I told Ellie to start cleaning up her toys. She kept playing and finally started cleaning up.  She stopped when she had only 5 things left to pick up and refused to pick them up because she was "really tired".  So I told her several times if she didn't I would take away her dollhouse & barbies she had been playing with. This is her favorite thing to play with right now. Finally I asked one last time.. "Do you understand if you don't pick up those last few toys I will take your dollhouse away"? She said "Yes, take it away I am really tired." So I did just that and she put up no fight and went to bed.  She has asked for it one time and I said no "You have to earn it back with good behavior." 

No comments:

Post a Comment